Sunday, September 13, 2015

Nearly found a job

As I was perusing the daily job listings, my eyes fell upon an opening for a Penetration Tester. Eureka! This sounded like something right up my alley. So you can imagine my disappointment when I clicked on the link to find the following job description :

A penetration tester is a type of network security consultant that tries to break into or find possible exploits in different computer systems and software. You can think of them as a type of ethical hacker. They generally are expected to run a number of tests, generally based around network penetration, and fill out assessment reports about what they have discovered. While they will often be running pre-determined types of tests, they will also be designing their own tests a large portion of the time, which requires creativity and imagination, along with a superb level of technical knowledge and know-how.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I hope you find something in one of the fields you are trained such as hydrocolon therapy or the Chinese fast food. Good luck with it.

lightning36 said...

Penetration tester DID sound like a dream job until you explained what it was. Very disappointing for you, I am sure. It would have been a good transition from pan handling to handling ... ummm ...