Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Job search update

The past week was devoted to some serious job hunting. I participated in no less than 14 interviews, justifying my rental of a cheap suit. Out of the 14, 3 expressed minimal interest, 9 showed complete disinterest, while 2 tore up my handwritten resume even before I had left the room.

I would get my resume prepared and typed by a professional, but there is a limit to what can be crafted with my checkered work history. And next time I'll rent a decent pair of shoes as well, rather than relying on the suit pants to cover up my worn out sandals.

5 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm still ticked off at Panda Express. You give them your soul, not to mention great work, and they do that to you. You wouldn't be in this mess if they weren't such d-bags.

Mr Subliminal said...

@MOJO : Yes, they could have been a bit more considerate.

angerisagift said...

u should start growing/selling weed but you r in Vegas,so mayb meth

angerisagift said...

or i hear there is a deadbeat dad/degen gambler that has about 15k and is a scary cat. ez picking

lightning36 said...

Invest a few dollars in shoe polish and just color your feet and sandals black. They'll never know the difference.

I hear the guy with 15K is looking for a taxi service. Do you have a car, bike, or rickshaw in working order?