Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Promotion at work

I knew my 6-week Mandarin language course would eventually pay dividends. My shift manager at Panda Express just informed me that effective today I am being promoted within the Service and Kitchen team to a customer-facing position. Till now I was restricted to the confines of the back kitchen with strict orders not to ever appear within sight of the public. Last week, however, one of the patrons heard me reciting a Hamlet soliloquy in Mandarin, which I sometimes resort to when steam frying the rice. Apparently he wrote to corporate headquarters lamenting the fact that such talent should not be wasted, and demanding an immediate promotion for the yet unseen and unknown employee he had been so impressed with.

In other news, I am now a little closer to the required entry fee for a $150 satellite to Event #55 ($1,500 No-Limit Hold'em), which I will be playing on my only day off for the month, June 28. As posted earlier, I am confident of a very deep run which in turn will provide the bankroll for my much anticipated trip to Macau. I can already picture the look on my shift manager's face when I hand in my immediate notice of resignation.

8 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I am thrilled to receive 2 1/2% of your winnings -- that's exciting. What do we do about taxes?

lightning36 said...

"Till now I was restricted to the confines of the back kitchen with strict orders not to ever appear within sight of the public."

There was a reason for this, you know ...

Mr Subliminal said...

@MOJO : Filling in a Form 5754 is a mere formality. Expect to hear from me once I make the final table.

@lightning36 : The glass ceiling has been shattered.

angerisagift said...

GL in the tourney.good job on the promotion. i take it that u didnt hook up with a cougar or rob a drug dealer????????????

Mr Subliminal said...

@angerisagift : No, but you still have 10% of my action if I can raise the $150 for the satellite and win the seat. I am only $106 short.

Memphis MOJO said...

$106 is nothing, and you have the cougar hookup in reserve.

angerisagift said...

how about a gofundme.com acct???? or donate plasma??????? i will take my 10% in dimes/quarters .dollar bills can b traced and i am off the grid,sir.or i will take it in ganja,ammo( 9mm glaser safety slugs,.22 rimfire,or .223 fmj),or mountian dew

angerisagift said...

how is the WSOP going????????