Wednesday, January 09, 2013

The gift that keeps on giving

Not having fully recovered from Sal's Xmas present, I have now developed a lingering dry hacking cough and am once again bed-ridden. The last time I measured my temperature, it was 101.8. The doctor has put me on Azithromycin and Phenergan. I am coughing non-stop and cannot get any decent semblance of sleep.

The next time I see a dealer sniffling and snorting, I will notify the shift supervisor. I'm not talking about the occasional sneeze or sniffle. I'm referring to dealers with bright red, runny noses - for everyone's sake take the day off. I understand that missing a day hurts the pocket, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to go through this shit again.

3 comments:

lightning36 said...

I suggest bringing to the poker table an anti-bacterial spray, rubber gloves, and a surgical mask. It may not help, but you might have people so fearful of you that you might win a pot or two uncontested.

Memphis MOJO said...

Is it cold down in the tunnels? That can't help.

grrouchie said...

*cough cough*