Tuesday, August 11, 2015

2nd chance for tournament poker?

I have religiously avoided poker tournaments in favor of cash games for over 10 years now, thanks to a traumatic experience which I refer to here.

Truth be told, there has been no shortage of sporadic pain at the cash tables as well, so maybe it is time to re-evaluate my tourney embargo.

The only tournament books I have in my library are the outdated "Harrington on Hold'em (Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments, Volumes I and II)", and Sklansky's "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players". I am therefore looking to add some more recent literature, and to this end am considering "Kill Everyone". "Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time" (3 volumes) has good reviews, but I am more interested in live tourneys rather than online.

Is "Kill Everyone" worth the read, and does anyone have other recommendations?

5 comments:

angerisagift said...

hmmmmm girl with the dragon tattoo

Memphis MOJO said...

I didn't like the Kill books -- too much of if you don't know what to do, go all in.

I did like the Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time (see here). Yes, they are online tournaments, but I found them quite relevant to live tournaments, too.

Mr Subliminal said...

Thanks.

Bruce said...

Harrington wrote a new book last year, "Harrington On Modern Tournament Poker", that I found quite good, and that has much more up-to-date advice than his older books (which also still have some value).

Mr Subliminal said...

That new Harrington book sounds interesting. Thanks.