Monday, July 30, 2012

Intra-hand equity-mood swings

I have AhQs and call a young guy's pre-flop all-in. He tables Ac5d, making me the 72% favorite. Stoic discipline prevents me from showing any signs of elation. He appears disappointed.

Flop : As 7h 5c

The bastard outflops me and his 2 pair now makes him the 73% favorite. Stoic discipline prevents me from showing any signs of dejection. He appears ecstatic.

Turn : 7s

Bingo! His 2 pair is counterfeited and I catapult into the lead as the 87.5% favorite. Stoic discipline prevents me from showing any signs of euphoria. He appears crestfallen.

River : 7d

We split the pot and prepare for the next round.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

"He appears ecstatic."

That's a form of a pre-gloat. Pre-gloats will get you.

Mr Subliminal said...

My game has improved by leaps and bounds ever since I eliminated pre-gloats and pre-whines.