Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11

The morning of September 11 2001 found me in my Queens, NY apartment, 8 miles from the WTC. I was at my desk watching CNBC when the regular broadcasting was interrupted. I could see the smoke from my rooftop.

The last time I had been to the WTC was a few months earlier, when I spent a couple of days visiting a trading firm on the 55th floor of one of the towers. A few weeks prior to that, I had also passed through the building twice a day for a full year, having taken the E train to and from Wall Street.

Things won't ever be the same again.

2 comments:

breeze said...

Subliminal - Didn't realize you were a trader from Wall Street, as am I. I thought about pursuing poker instead of or in addition to trading but keep coming back to the trading. Have you Have you made that leap and find poker suitable to meet your needs?

Mr Subliminal said...

breeze, it's not one at the expense of the other - I dabble in both.